Tales of Puerto Lopez - Theme Reveal




"Moving ahead so life won't pass me by"



For four years, my home has been Puerto Lopez, a fishing village of 15,000 in central Ecuador.

One of the sayings in town is that you can always identify the new guy because he still wears his wristwatch. This blog is the from the viewpoint of a guy who no longer wears a wristwatch.


My Perspective

I want to share what the ‘daily grind’ is like here for a foreigner. Magazines and essays do a great job of sharing the highlights and successes of living in Ecuador, and there are certainly many of them to be experienced. (That’s why I live here!) There are also some sundry things that are required for living in a (sometimes) challenging and foreign environment.

I hope this blog draws some attention and insight into the mundane but frequently humorous aspects of living in this once-remote area.


My Approach

I previously wrote a serial narrative on the process of moving from California to Ecuador (it can be found here). My approach there was a chronicle: what was the experience like. This blog, however, takes a non-linear view of this current life and the adaptations that are required to live here

I won’t be posting any pictures or graphics (sorry!). I’m practicing to write a novel (some day, yep) and I want to try to create word pictures as much as possible. On the other hand, I will do my best to include some anecdotes that might make you smile (if only for a moment).




Comments

  1. I remember your posts from last year, enjoyed your series much. Looking forward to them this April again. All the best for a super A-Z!

    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind, Nilanjana, but this is my first entry in the AtoZ blogfest. My wife Emily participated last year, and I wonder if you're thinking of her blog.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, my bad! :) Indeed I mistook your blog for Emily's. Due apologies. How neat that you are both participating! The first time is always extra special, have a great one!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful theme - good luck with it and with the novel :) See you in April.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wishes, and I look forward to reading about your Monsters as well! I'll have to go back and read your previous postings about Vampires, Demons and Phantoms (oh my!).

      Delete
  3. Hi Scott - looking forward to your take through the A-Z and to learning from you and Emily more about your locality - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your tales about our town. How fun that you've decided to join the A-Z challenge this year! Hope you enjoy it!

    Your wife,
    Emily | My Life In Ecuador | Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda already know that I will live this ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful theme, Scott. I'll make sure to check your posts. Good luck for the AtoZ Challenge.

    L.E.R.T Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great theme! I always enjoy reading about life in other countries
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

C - Close to Home

Z - Zen